Instructions for 2019 Rankings
Based on ’19 Net Fee Income & Other Factors.
This Year, introducing 17 new categories!
Deadline to submit : Fri., Mar. 13.
If you want to nominate a music firm, consider the following benefits:
1. Third party endorsement is obtained. This is the bedrock principle of music networking — others recognize you. The Manhattan Music Awards has been ranking music firms for almost 10 years and its name is well known in the business world.
2. It proves you are a legit music firm. Complying with the ranking rules, including supplying the top page of your firm’s latest corporate income tax return and W-3, establishes you as a music firm rather than an ad agency or other type of business. Music firms have distinctive financials — at least half of income is used for staff pay. The ranking measures counseling and media contact services, not advertising or production expenses.
3. Gain year-long visibility. The Manhattan Music Awards rankings are prominently displayed on manhattanmusic.org. Ranked firms are highlighted on the homepage of the website. In 2020, Manhattan Music Awards will introduce new categories.
4. Associate with biggest music firms. Put your music agency on the same list with the largest firms, virtually all of which are in the rankings. Smaller firms are also looked at since there may be account conflicts for some clients at the biggest firms. Some clients also prefer a smaller firm.
5. Use your ranking in new business pitches, PR and advertising. Display the Manhattan Music Awards seal. Stories on your firm posted to manhattanmusic.org or the newsletter or magazine will refer to your ranking. Publicize your ranking locally.
6. Boost your SEO and Google standing. Businesses are rated by how many others link to their sites and what kind of sites have links to the businesses. A link on Manhattan Music Awards’s website gives you a higher search engine optimization rating since the Manhattan Music Awards website is updated throughout the day with original content—a key fact recognized by Google and the other search engines.
7. Your recruiting is helped. Music executives, including those entering the market, want to be with a firm that has the national recognition and data that a Manhattan Music Awards ranking provides. They want to be with a “name” firm.
8. Clients tend to go with an established firm rather than one with little visibility. The Manhattan Music Awards rankings are the basis for scores of PR firm searches and referrals from other firms every year.
9. The rankings establish PR counseling as a solid industry, especially benefiting the ranked firms.
Profiles of Top Independent Music Firms
Manhattan Music Awards, now in its 8th year, is the #1 music awards program in USA for music PR, music marketing and talent booking agencies. The award program has been in full motion since 2012 working with brands and partners like Sony Music, UMG, BMW, Audi, CD BABY and many more.
Each year, a different area of the music industry is examined. Our winning pick includes aspects from practice-area specific feature stories as well as profiles of PR and music agency firms to their strengths, revenues, success stories in the focus area of the year. Areas examined include music marketing, music pr, talent booking, creative music firms and music management companies to name a few. Consult our about section for more information.
The Manhattan music program focuses on the firms and individuals making news in the music PR and music marketing and talent booking scene in general. Our 2019 Gold winner will be announced on March 31. For a comprehensive list of other agencies or top ones such as media training, video production, celebrity talent, executive search, influencers, management, labels and much more, please refer to our guide which can be emailed to you if you contact us.