Work submitted must be broadcast, published or released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st September 2022 and 1st March 2023.
- All work submitted including work into the multiple categories must be in the exact form it was broadcast, published or released with all the logos, trademarks and copy marks intact, regardless of category or medium. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- Any work created solely for the purpose of entering this competition is not eligible.
- In the case of a query by the Jury, the entrant will be required to provide documentary evidence to prove eligibility of entry.
- Entries that have not been finalized before the final deadline will automatically be deleted from the Entry System.
All companies and/or individuals involved in the creative process are eligible to enter.
As most work is a joint effort, MMA allows any company or individual to enter work they have collaborated on. Our rules for multiple entrants are:
- An entry fee entitles only one Entrant (one office and city) to be listed on an entry as the Entering Company.
- If more than one office or company worked on an entry and both would like to be listed as the Entering Company to receive due publicity and awards, each must enter individually and pay an entry fee.
- If an entry attains statue status and the entrant has listed multiple companies and/or cities, only one statue will be shipped complementary to the person/company that is registered in the MMA system.
- All creative credits must be input prior to finalizing entries. If a credit field does not apply, it must be left blank (do not populate with dashes, N/A, etc).
- Company City should be input when relevant.
- Credits should be checked carefully prior to finalizing as these credits are used to calculate Of The Year awards and will appear on our website, in press releases and all publicity material.
WHEN ENTERING A CASE STUDY
- The case study that is submitted for judging must clearly show the work in-situ.
- The presentation should clearly demonstrate the concept and show the key elements through which the core idea has been expressed.
- Must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Narration must be in English or have English subtitles.
- It is mandatory that the Case Studies use Royalty-Free music.
- MMA will not allow media to be changed once judging commences.
ENTRIES INCLUDING CASE STUDIES – USE OF MUSIC
- If a case study with extraneous music attains Shortlist or Winner status, you will be notified by email.
- Any entrant that requires MMA to change the media because of music rights will be charged fees.
- In the medium of Branded Entertainment, Case Study videos must NOT use any extraneous music, as Jurors will not know if the music is part of the actual execution of the entry. Entries using extraneous music that is not part of the actual execution of the entry will be disqualified. Entry Fees for disqualified entries will not be refunded.
- know if the music is part of the actual execution of the entry. Entries using extraneous music that is not part of the actual execution of the entry will be disqualified. Entry Fees for disqualified entries will not be refunded.
LEGAL INDEMNIFICATION FOR MUSIC
If an entrant uses music in either an individual entry or a case study and/or presentation videos, it must be Royalty-Free or Licensed Music. By entering work with music, the entrant confirms, warrants and represents that they have the right to use such music from the time that it is entered into MMA and in perpetuity so that if it shortlists or attains a higher status such music can be used and/or featured on the MMA website.
The Entrant hereby indemnifies, saves and holds MMA; its successors and assigns; and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies and its and their respective officers, employees, and agents harmless from any and all liability, claims, demands, loss, and/or damage (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising from or connected with any claim, demand, or action or by a third party that is inconsistent with any of the warranties, representations, or agreements made or assumed by the Entrant in entering work, including but not limited to any liability, claims, demands, loss, and or/damage (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and court costs) that may arise from the submission and/or use of music that is not Royalty-Free or Licensed.
MMA shall have the right, at MMA’s election and without limitation for any reason, to recoup and recover the amount of any and all costs and expenses (including, without limitation, legal costs and attorneys’ fees) that are paid or incurred by MMA or on MMA’s behalf to defend, respond to, negotiate or prosecute any claim, demand, or action that is inconsistent with any of Entrant’s warranties and representations hereunder. Entrant shall reimburse MMA, on demand, for any payments made by MMA at any time with respect to the actual amount of any claim, demand, or action that is inconsistent with any of Entrant’s warranties and representations hereunder.
Profiles of Top Independent Music Firms
Manhattan Music Awards, now in its 9th year, is the #1 music awards program in the USA for music PR, music marketing and talent booking agencies. The award program has been in full motion since 2012 working with brands and partners like Sony Music, UMG, BMW, Audi, CD BABY and many more.
Each year, a different area of the music industry is examined. Our winning pick includes aspects from practice-area specific feature stories as well as profiles of PR and music agency firms to their strengths, revenues, success stories in the focus area of the year. Areas examined include music marketing, music pr, talent booking, creative music firms and music management companies to name a few. Consult our about section for more information.
The Manhattan music program focuses on the firms and individuals making news in the music PR and music marketing and talent booking scene in general. Our 2021 Gold winner will be announced on March 31, 2022. For a comprehensive list of other agencies or top ones such as media training, video production, celebrity talent, executive search, influencers, management, labels and much more, please refer to our guide which can be emailed to you if you contact us.